Friday 2 November 2012

Autumn Workshops in Progress

It as an enormous relief to meet all the members. It was the end of  six months of preparation. Actually, the past year and a half of life has been focused on one single thing. Endless carpentry work on this house to make it presentable for the guests. The end is in sight! I must admit it is looking pretty good. Hiro filled the house with flower arrangements. And friends have made such a stupendous effort to support me and to make my guests feel welcome in Japan.



The weather is cool and gorgeous.

The workshop members are enthusiastic and fun.
 (With all due respect to the original Indigo Sisters. I wish you were here to meet them.)

I had intended on posting about our daily activities each night, but that proves impossible with evening hot spring trips and campfires etc. Time is so short. I wish we had ten years instead of ten days.


Welcome lunch waiting.

Welcome lunch waiting to be eaten.

3rd floor table waiting to be used.

Preparing for the first indigo dips.


12 comments:

  1. how welcoming your place looks. so much love going into preparation... and then, indigo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo-ee! I'm blue with envy. that is one impressive flower display. have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the memories. I wish your new students a wonderful time at the Best Exotic Indigo Hotel (which is looking rather flash I have to say). Happy dipping, both in the vat and in the onsen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never, never call them Indigo Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blandina, I won't even let them call themselves the Indigo Sisters! The name is forever taken!
      Bryan

      Delete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! Looking good team! I can only imagine all the hard work put in to making this happen. Now is the time to enjoy it Bryan! Put on that Dylan record and show these ladies a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted so bad for a real Dylan fest. New album out even! I was running around (nothing new) and good old itunes just played in the background. I need a soundwoman next time around. Interested in the job? Miss you and hope life is treating you well away from Japan.

      Bryan

      Delete
  6. Your home is so beautiful, Bryan!

    I'm looking forward to attending one year. Wish I were there now!

    Best,

    Alfred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alfred,
      I keep the camera pointed in the corners that are finished, (more or less). It needs a few more years of weekend carpentry to make it more comfortable. It is getting there. Thank you for the compliment. I am always looking at the places that need more work and not at the ones that are fine as they are.
      bryan

      Delete
  7. great post, I am interesting in it!

    ReplyDelete